Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Anyone use the wordpress custom field template plugin?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Donna

I am trying to use wordpress as a CMS and I wrote some code to create a custom write panel using the tutorial on wefunction.com. I got it working but then I discovered the "custom field template" plugin which is fantastic! I’m thinking of scrapping the code I wrote and using this plugin instead since it has so many great features like the ability to specify a template for a category (the panel automatically pops up when you check the category!).

I was just wondering if anyone has any tips, hard luck stories, or feedback on the plugin before I commit to it.

Thanks.

AshtonSanders
    Participant

I haven’t used that one… although I wish they had English Screenshots…

I have used: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/more-fields/ which seems to work great.

Donna

Thanks. I’ll look into more-fields to see how it compares. It looks like it also has some good features.

– Donna

brydef

I know this is an old conversation but wanted to see if anyone knows what template/plugin is being used in the “WordPress 3: Creating and Editing Custom Themes” that Chris did for Lynda.com?

Or, is there a better one to use…like the one mentioned above? :)

Thank you,
    Bryan

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I didn’t use anything in that series, literally just the built in Custom Fields functionality of out-of-the-box WordPress.

fldtrace
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.