Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Anyone have the new Mac Mini?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m considering buying a mac for my next system upgrade and I’m kind of torn on what to buy. I definitely do not want a macbook, so it’s down to a desktop of some kind.

I’m seriously considering buying the mac mini, but I don’t know anyone who has one so I don’t know how it performs. I run web design programs along side photoshop, illustrator, etc. I do digital painting, so some of the files I work on are maybe 2-3 gigs sometimes. Does anyone have one that could tell me how it performs?

The tearing point for me on the mac mini is that I already own a really nice HDMI native 27" DELL monitor. So I’d just be kind of toss it aside if I went with an imac – or would I just be using it for a 2nd screen??

So that boils it down to:

1) Buy a mac mini
    2) Buy one of the new imacs that just came out
    3) Buy one of the older but more powerful iMacs from someone who can’t upgrade fast enough at a bit of a discount :)

TheDoc

I’m actually looking at grabbing one of the new iMacs. My wonderful Macbook has lasted me 3 years, it’s time to get some more firepower.

You can definitely use the 27" Dell as a dual monitor setup with an iMac. Two 27" screens side by side? Imagine the real estate!

I’m imagining you could make the 27" the primary monitor, right? So I could have the imac to the side and my 27" right in front of me??

TheDoc
    "JoshWhiteDesign" wrote:
    I’m imagining you could make the 27" the primary monitor, right? So I could have the imac to the side and my 27" right in front of me??

Yup.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.