Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Any Ruby users here? Problems rendering a _cart partial inside my products page due to variables.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jtrinker
    Participant

On taxons#show I am displaying products pulled from the database with

<% products.each do |product| %>

When you click a product instead of taking you to the products#show page I have a lightbox popup on taxons#show with more info/images of the product. I’m trying to render _cart_form.html.erb on this lightbox so that the user can add to cart from the lightbox. But bc _cart_form.html.erb uses @product instead of ‘product’, i have to do

<% @product = product %>
    <%= render 'spree/shared/cart_form' %>

But what this does is change all the product images on taxons#show to the same image b/c the link to large_image tag is using ‘product’ to pull in the image. Also the _cart_form contents are all based on the same product as well. And if i try and change _cart_form to use ‘product’ instead of @product I get a NoMethod error for nilClass.

Here is the code for _products.html.erb on taxons#show: I’m setting the product variable, then hardcoding the lightbox div so its outside of the main container and display: none until clicked, then I’m trying to render the cart at the end of the lightbox, and then after the lightbox I have the product grid which displays all the products, but each one is taking the image of the first one.

<% products.each do |product| %>
      <% if product.on_display? %>
      <%# ******LIGHTBOX******* %>

**CONTENTS OF LIGHTBOX HERE**

<% @product = product %>
      <%= render 'spree/shared/cart_form' %>

<%# ******END LIGHTBOX******* %>

• “classes”) %>” data-hook=”products_list_item” itemscope itemtype=”http://schema.org/Product&#8221;>
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.