Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Any feedback please, just completely redesigned my web site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hey Everybody,
    Take a moment to take a look at my new Web Site. Please let me know what you think. It looks cleaner but may be boring…

http://www.MOLOGOKOSTUDIOS.com

Thanks to all,
    Iryna

Luminated

You do some good work and I like the site, but for me it seems to lack personality. Just feels like you bought a template and plugged in your stuff. Which is a shame, because your work seems a lot cleaner and personalized than your own site does. Otherwise, I dig the colors and your logo. You got a lot of textures going, which I like, but some of them seem there for the sake of being there, rather than fitting contextually within the design.

My only other gripe is what is under the hood:

Code:

and

Code:

and

Code:

Inline styling and many empty divs…also a pretty severe case of divitis! :(

For example, you have an UL wrapped in a div…this isn’t required since an UL is a block level element:

You can remove that style and target the UL directly. Cleaner to setup, read and maintain.

And btw, your site doesn’t validate.

Jerm993

Your missing the T on development under Our Services.

And i don’t know if you intended it to be this way but underneath all of the navigation images there is a small white line that disappears when hovered over, in my opinion when the background is lit up from the "light above" that is when you would see the white reflection not when it’s off.

Other wise i didn’t notice anything, great design.

– Jerm

bruizerbeans

I would make the little phone icon on the upper right a little bigger. It is hard for me to see that it is a phone. In your footer under services, i would move your bulleted list a little more to the right.

greelmo

pretty nice!

However, I tried to read some of the paragraph text in the image changer, and it changed too fast. I’d slow it down a bit.

skip88

Like was said above, the previous work displayed in the middle under the links scrolls a bit fast. Slow it down a tidge and maybe include buttons to scroll through with.

As a user I hate feeling out of control. Or having to wait for things to come back.

And I think it’s the textures that give it that out-of-the-box generic look. I think that without any background texture or only a little you could get rid of that feel and make it quite a bit more distinguished.

I also think the background textures help take your eyes off the prize. The content.

I really don’t think there’s any need for the graphical list bullet points, again taking your eyes away from what’s important. For me it was more of an, "ooh shiny button", rather than "ooh nice list of services". I also think it would be a good idea to make the list text not images but just normal text. It’s hard to make out the difference between title and text in the ‘Our Services’ subsection.

And lastly, I think the first paragraph of the ‘About Us’ section is a line or two too long. It’s creeping on being a big wad of text.

But then there’s the content of that first paragraph too.. "provide high quality, flexible, reliable, dependable and creative design solutions". Reliable and dependable are very similar words. I’d pick just one of them and get rid of the other. I’d keep dependable.

Then theres, "We offer our services to individuals, small businesses and organizations that fulfills the demands of our customers…"
    Huh?
    "We offer our services to (our target customer audience) that fulfil the demands of (our customers)"?

Once I clicked through and "Lean More" (typo). I understood it more. But even on the "About Us" page, its still very confusing.

On the front page, I’d keep it to "We offer our services to individuals, small businesses and organizations." But then specify the size of organizations you would cater for. If it’s any size, say it. Concisely.

Then on the ‘About Us’ page, I’d change it from: "We offer our services to individuals and small businesses and organizations making sure that our unique design fulfills the demands of our customers completely."
    To: "We offer our services to individuals, small businesses and organizations, whilst making sure that our unique design fulfills their demands completely."

Sorry for the length.
    But yeah… I like to write. (and help, hopefully)

Completely redesigned… All the textures are gone. Please take a look again!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.