Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Align right question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kiwis
    Participant

I’ve got my website header that I need to adjust.

The existing heading is a DIV with the width of 1240px a line height of 40px and link tags <a in simple DIV’s that have a display set to inline-block.

I’m not using floats.

I now have a next to have a login box on the right hand side of my header DIV. I will also expand open a DIV for a user to enter their username and password.

How can I align this new link and have a div display next to it? (I understand how i’ll get the div to display using JQUERY it’s the CSS/HTML I need assistance with.

Beverleyh
    Participant

You could try floating the login div to the right, or positioning it absolutely to the right (set position:relative; on the parent container for more predictable absolute positioning) – kinda depends on the overall effect you want to achieve.

It’s hard to visualise what you’re trying to do though so have a go at coding it yourself and post back with what you have in a CodePen demo. We only need to see the header with very basic markup inside to illustrate layout.

it’s the CSS/HTML I need assistance with.

Here’s a website for you to learn the basics http://learnlayout.com, although you’ve been posting here for nearly 2 years so I would expect you to know much if this sort of stuff already.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.