Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS after breadcrumbs removed there is gap

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    stephangriesel
    Participant

Hi guys!!

Been few weeks and I am already mastering CSS but I am having this one issue I can’t seem to get right. I removed breadcrumbs from my page but now there is this gap between my menu and page. I tried changing every top padding in the style.css but not winning. Please help me, how can take out the gap.

Paulie_D

We’d need to see it.

Do you have a link?

Could you make a reduced case in Codepen.io?

stephangriesel
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply Paulie_D. Here is the link, http://www.silverpage.co.za, password: Pass123. You will see the breadcrumbs are back now, how do I go about removing the breadcrumbs and not having the gap?

Paulie_D

OK…assuming that you would no longer be loading the breadcrumb div in your php, the .entry class includes 30px of top padding.

I would remove or lower that.

div.entry {
    padding: 30px 41px 30px 20px;
    background: url(images/separator_bg.png) bottom left repeat-x;
    width: 580px;
    }

The same goes for your sidebar

div.sidebar-block {
    background: url(images/separator_bg.png) repeat-x bottom left;
    padding: 28px 5px 0px 30px;
    }

stephangriesel
    Participant

thank you will try that.

must i replace div.entry with #breadcrumbs or can I leave the code as is and just replace the old?

Paulie_D

I’m not sure what you mean.

If you don’t load the #breadcrumbs div it will leave a gap which, I understand you wanted to make smaller.

The code I gave is your current CSS for the respective classes. The first padding number is the top padding…just change that to 0 or some other number as required.

stephangriesel
    Participant

Great! Let me try it tonight and get back to you, thank you!!

stephangriesel
    Participant

just some feedback, its working great but the padding between the main page and the other pages are different?

Paulie_D

You would have to fix your template or theme then…I guess this is more of a WP problem more than anything else.

Is this page different from the others?

stephangriesel
    Participant

The padding at the top is different height than the other pages, although it is specified at 0px in the stylesheet. Isn’t there way to make them all the same?

stephangriesel
    Participant

or even just to remove h1 title from the main landing page?

Paulie_D

It’s entirely up to you.

To be honest, you are now delving into Theming and Page Templates and that’s not something I am familiar with in WP.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.