Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Adding css styles into css file dynamically

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    geetharajesh
    Participant

In a page, If user wants to change color or bgcolor of text, i want to dynamically update user chosen values into css and override default values. I do not want js methods to change the css value like addclass, removeclass in jquery. Is there any way to do it. or Is there any way to create stylesheets on the fly?

chrisburton
    Participant

Can you give a little more detail? Is this for theming or for a site where the user can control aspects of the design?

geetharajesh
    Participant

@Chris: Yes. I’m asking theming of website as per user choice. We are giving him options to change text color, bg color etc of a web page. When same user logins again, same styles needed to retained. We want to write separate css file to server when user changes anything on website and provide same style sheet when the same user logins again.

geetharajesh
    Participant

@Ed: I think I cannot rely on cookies, because the same styles need to be retained when user logins from diff browser, devices etc. Correct me if am wrong.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.