Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] A problem in aligning

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    yash02
    Participant

I have got this HTML and CSS code

Codepen Link:
    http://codepen.io/yash02/pen/aOdWxo.html

All things worked fine but the two div that appear to be two boxes in browser are set up in vertical way i.e., top box is of subway surfer and just below it comes the nova 3 box.

I need them to align side by side i.e. the subway surfer box should come on left side and nova3 box should come on right and it should further continue.

Please help fast. Thanks In Advance.

From a css beginner and html intermediate. :)

Paulie_D

Let’s start at the beginning.

You can’t re-use IDs on the same page (see #box & #image in your code)…they must be unique..hence “ID”.

If you want to use styles more than once, use a class instead.

Paulie_D

Now…as for getting the boxes to line-up you have a few options but the main two will be display:inline-block and float (usually but not always left).

This is inline-block.

http://codepen.io/Paulie-D/pen/vOLZBx

They have there own little issues to deal with but you can learn about them and other layout methods at LearnLayout.com

rafaeljuarez
    Participant

the ID thing is not true. you CAN do it.
    the “whould or not should” do it its s different issue. but indeed you CAN repeat and control via css infinite element with the same ID.

Paulie_D

the ID thing is not true. you CAN do it.
    the “whould or not should” do it its s different issue

True enough I suppose strictly speaking but it’s incredibly poor practice and suggesting poor practices is a poor idea of it’s own.

This is even more true when using JS.

We have classes for a reason and we should use them instead of re-using IDs.

In fact, I can’t think of a single reason why one would need to re-use an ID.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.