Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End A great WORDPRESS book?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bmsorg

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good WordPress book, that is VERY in depth. Specifically… plugins, widgets, themes, & customizing the admin section with options for your themes. But also just an all around great WordPress book that will fill in the gaps and provide me with some extra tips/tricks. There’s a lot of great resources online (especially this site), but I like the tangible. Seems like most of the WordPress books might be out of date… but it’s hard to tell since I can really check them out first hand. Also, if there are any great books coming out soon that people know of (especially if they will be very in depth) I’d be interested to hear about them as well.

Thanks,
    Brandon

FOLLOWUP: I’ve looked around a lot online and also checked out all of the available wordpress books at Powell’s. I’m pretty familiar with what’s out there… I just was curious what other’s found most useful for a current&advance wordpress resource.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Well it’s gonna be a few months probably until it’s for sale, but I’m writing one right now =)

bmsorg

Yeah, I noticed that and am excited for it. I was wondering how how much it might cover… I presumed it would go quite in depth. In the meantime though, until it comes out, I’m still looking for something in-depth to hold me over. thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.