Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS “1st” live site, be gentle…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Travis Love
    Participant

I am not necessarily new to the theory of design and coding, but really this is my first site. So I am hoping to get some helpful tips for better cross-browser compatibility and just general design. I am also wondering if I get too personal in the about page, would the information I give steer people away?

I know IE is gonna crap itself, and that my code is unfinished and a bit messy, but i am still working on it.

Thanks.

http://www.cubed-media.com

Johnnyb

Took an eternity to load (using wifi on my iPhone), seems to be very image heavy. I wasn’t able to look any further than the home page as it basically froze my browser. Don’t get me wrong though it’s great for your first site! Wasn’t able to look at the source code unfortunately.

maximus1979

Hello fellow Canadian!

Not bad for your first site I’d say, I think you need to add some padding or maybe a center on the text headers eg: Welcome, Latest News, Follow Us…

Since you’re still working on it, keep up to good work!

Edit: Forgot to mention, spelling and proper grammar is very important. The ‘big’ clients consider it ‘unprofessional’ to have flawed language on your own site.

biscutty
    Participant

Howdy,

I think you could compress your images a lot – eg your logo is over 150k +, also on your services “photo” page you have 1..5Mb of images!

Your text to link…

Travis Love
    Participant

Yah the image sizes are pretty big. That and making a mobile friendly version will be the first things I fix.

Roxon

If the headers have those boxes, add padding to them; it looks a bit messy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.