Hey! I made a little page to explain all the ways in which this very site uses the Jetpack WordPress plugin.
Here’s the gist of it:
- Our Jetpack subscription gives us VaultPress, which backs up literally everything on this site in real time. That helps me sleep.
- Jetpack improves our site search and allows it to be tweaked and the design customized.
- Jetpack connects to Twitter and Facebook, so as we publish posts it can kick out tweets and updates.
- Jetpack allows us to author content in Markdown (and you to comment in Markdown).
- Jetpack adds social login buttons to the comment form, so you don’t have to be troubled to type out your name and email.
- We display related posts on articles, and Jetpack does a crack job of it without stressing out our server.
But Jetpack has way more features than that. That’s just what we use, what you might find useful for your site could be totally different.