It’s a bit too early to tell, but as you may have noticed, I’ve installed it in the sidebar of this site. My hope is that it turns out to be an awesome service for both readers and webmasters alike.
Here is the deal:
- You provide them the name, location, and RSS feed for you blog.
- The widget displays headlines from other blogs that (supposedly) are targeted to your own blogs content
- Every time your site gets a pageview, you earn one credit
- Your own blogs headlines are displayed on other blogs with the BlogRush widget. Everytime one of your displays is posted, it costs you a credit
- There is also a ten-level affiliate program, which allows you to earn credits from people you refer to BlogRush
Is it going to work? I hope so, it sounds like a cool idea to me. The question really is, are people really going to click the headlines in that widget in any great numbers? Kevin points out over at BloggingTips, that he feels BlogRush was rushed. The FAQ section is incomplete, the reporting is unfinished, and some of the touted features aren’t implimented yet, such as using your earned credits to promote other blogs. I am going to remain optimistic and give it a few weeks as a test to see if people like it and if it gets and traffic.