Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

WooCommerce

• # April 24, 2013 at 3:55 am

I just installed WooCommerce and it looks good. There’s one major problem however, I want the currency to display in ‘ABC’ and I’ve updated it using the suggested code by WooCommerce and that is

add_filter( ‘woocommerce_currencies’, ‘add_my_currency’ );

function add_my_currency( $currencies ) {
    $currencies = __( ‘Currency name’, ‘woocommerce’ );
    return $currencies;
    }

add_filter(‘woocommerce_currency_symbol’, ‘add_my_currency_symbol’, 10, 2);

function add_my_currency_symbol( $currency_symbol, $currency ) {
    switch( $currency ) {
    case ‘ABC': $currency_symbol = ‘$'; break;
    }
    return $currency_symbol;
    }

The real problem is, I want to show ABC currency on all the display pages. It works fine. BUT when someone checks out from Paypal, it should convert to USD. Someway where I can mention the exchange rate for example 500 ABC currency / 100 = 5 – if the exchange rate can be updated via admin panel or otherwise a fixed value.

Can someone help me with this update? It will be very useful, thanks.

# May 21, 2013 at 9:58 pm

@ecommercekid – You can do that with a widget.

# May 30, 2013 at 4:08 am

This code fix is the 20th thing I have tried to clear up the fuzzy product images on our site, and it didn’t work either! Since this problem is disscussed everywhere on the web, I don’t understand why WooCommerce doesn’t take resposibility for it.
    Our site shop url is http://50.97.96.80/~jbradmn/product/kickport/
    Please take a look and tell me if there is something obvious I can fix.

Thanks!

# May 30, 2013 at 4:28 am

I regenerated the thumbnails and they are totally sharp! Thanks, you saved my bacon!

# June 14, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Hmmm…any way to use that code (or anything else) to get around the “images have to be square” rule that Woo seems to love so much?

# June 15, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Stay away from Shopp, really buggy plugin, and far harder to implement than Woocommerce.

# June 28, 2013 at 7:03 am

This is cool, thanks for the great tip on solving this! I’ve tried lots of times to figure out Woo image fuzziness and this has worked for me, at least on a dev. site. Let’s see if it works when I flip it over to a hosted area!

One thing, does anyone know how to reduce the physical size of the related products images? They’re huge, I’m using Genesis Framework with Dynamik child theme.

Thanks.

# June 28, 2013 at 6:04 pm

I changed mine using css classes in my stylesheet.

# August 9, 2013 at 8:54 am

Hey guys,
    instead of using custom sizes in your function.php (yah, i’m late sorry) why don’t you use (http://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-image-sizes/).

It create a subsection into your settings section, called “Media” and you can manually create different sizes with crop option.

Never forget to batch regenerate your images after this and it works!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".