Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Start/Stop Slider problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DonaldJ

Hello,
    I’ve been trying to implement the start/stop slider form this page: https://css-tricks.com/startstop-slider/

Initially it was working great, but now I notice that when I get more than 10 or so records in it, it starts to freak out. Initially I thought it has something to do with my customization of it, but I went back to the original downloaded files and only added more records, and I get the same result then.

Basically what happens is that the slides get out of sync – the image drop down and up several times per slide, and sometimes the slides only move about half-way before it stops, and it seems to stay longer and longer on each slide.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thank you!

Donald Johansson

cybershot
    Participant

you need to post your code. There is no way anyone can help you without that. If you can post the page in question that would help also.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Sounds like one of those cases where you need to extend the UL to like 99999px instead of 9999px

DonaldJ

The code I was using to test is straight from the download, only with some additional ‘slide’ divs added. Here’s a page with my modified code: http://designs.askbis.com/startstop/

The first few slides are ok, with only the picture being a bit out of whack, but the longer it plays, the more it messes up.
    I tried to adjust the width of the #mover, but that doesn’t seem to change anything.

Thanks!

DonaldJ

Any ideas? I have tried using the Anything Slider instead, but my CMS inserts some junk code that breaks it. The start/stop slider works perfectly until I add too many slides to it.

Thank you!
    Donald

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.