Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Start/Stop Slider problem

• # November 9, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Hello,
    I’ve been trying to implement the start/stop slider form this page: http://css-tricks.com/startstop-slider/

Initially it was working great, but now I notice that when I get more than 10 or so records in it, it starts to freak out. Initially I thought it has something to do with my customization of it, but I went back to the original downloaded files and only added more records, and I get the same result then.

Basically what happens is that the slides get out of sync – the image drop down and up several times per slide, and sometimes the slides only move about half-way before it stops, and it seems to stay longer and longer on each slide.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thank you!

Donald Johansson

# November 11, 2009 at 7:32 pm

you need to post your code. There is no way anyone can help you without that. If you can post the page in question that would help also.

# November 12, 2009 at 9:08 am

Sounds like one of those cases where you need to extend the UL to like 99999px instead of 9999px

# November 12, 2009 at 4:04 pm

The code I was using to test is straight from the download, only with some additional ‘slide’ divs added. Here’s a page with my modified code: http://designs.askbis.com/startstop/

The first few slides are ok, with only the picture being a bit out of whack, but the longer it plays, the more it messes up.
    I tried to adjust the width of the #mover, but that doesn’t seem to change anything.

Thanks!

# November 24, 2009 at 11:29 am

Any ideas? I have tried using the Anything Slider instead, but my CMS inserts some junk code that breaks it. The start/stop slider works perfectly until I add too many slides to it.

Thank you!
    Donald

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".