Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Spa/Salon Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Avalic
    Participant

Hey everyone, I work as a receptionist here http://www.brezesalonandspa.com
    I am going to be overhauling our website, because… well that the kind of thing
    I just like to do :P

Anyways, before I start I thought I might be a good idea to get some feedback
    on the original site. What do you guys like/dislike about it?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Things I Like:

– The overall look
    – Colors
    – Logo/Header area
    – Galleries
    – The seemingly random rectangles of color. (and the overlapping.)
    – Boxes on the left which pop out when clicked.

Things I don’t like:
    – Small text on the left and bottom – I have no idea what they say.
    – The Search and Newsletter Signup Area on the bottom left. It’s awkward and difficult to understand what that is.

friendofpugs

Okay, criticisms/complaints about the current site. Not a fan of left-justified websites – strikes me as old-school. Different color/palette for each section also strikes me as old school. Homepage is kinda dark overall and muted – meh (where is that ladies’ nose? Fades to nothing!). On the secondary pages, a little miffed that I cannot click on your logo to take me home. I’d like the the main nav to give me a visual clue as to where I am on the website. I don’t get the side pop-outs – completely lost on me (don’t expect anyone to read vertically). The title meta tags are not accurate with the content of the pages, which is an easy fix. No favicon.

These are just my observations. It wouldn’t take too much to modify the current design to make it more contemporary – don’t need to redesign everything. Good luck!

keirk

Overall I like the look … but a couple of things …

– I dunno why you use the double arrow cursor on the side bar – its doesnt make it clear that you have to click to open .
    – The search and subscribe are in a odd place

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.