Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Should i start again?

• # October 30, 2009 at 5:03 pm

Hi, I am working on a website but i have got to a point where i realy don’t think its good…
    I need your opinions on weather i shoud start again or if its just me and it actualy looks ok.
    Alternatively howcould i improve it at the moment…
    In my head i have hit a brick wall basicaly
    the background was taken from a tutorial on tuts plus.
    Help Me Please =-)

http://www.thedailyjoke.co.uk

Chris

# October 30, 2009 at 5:05 pm

I think its decent…but…what is it?

# October 30, 2009 at 5:58 pm

Yeah I’m not 100% sure what you’re going for… since there is no menu and virtually no user functionality, I’m not sure what could be lacking. The graphics are decent for what it is currently. Is it going to be evolving into anything else?

# October 30, 2009 at 6:15 pm

yeah there will be more – i just got to a point where i couldn’t decide if i should carry on or start again.
    I tried to look at other joke websites for inspiration but there all basically last century designs.

# October 30, 2009 at 10:33 pm

i’m getting this within the text: � where there should be an apostrophe.

break up the text better big blocks of text are hard to read on a screen. Also, i would bottom align the "rolling hills" the bottom bar seems like something’s missing (unless your planning a footer that you dont have in yet).

Add some clouds too. You can find some nice high res paint brushes for photoshop that will do the hard work for you :).

I would keep the look though. looking good.

# October 31, 2009 at 7:39 am

Thanks for all of the replies!
    I did some brainstorming last night and have modified the design – I think this one will look much better.
    Ill restart this post in the future when i have finished it – prob be a week or so – so you can have your say…

Many Thanks
    Chris

# November 1, 2009 at 3:38 pm

OK, i have just about finished the new design and want to no what i should add, i think the logo is a bit boring but ill let you decide.
    http://thedailyjoke.co.uk/Joke.jpg

Many Thanks
    Chris

# November 2, 2009 at 3:23 pm

20 people have viewed this since my last post and no one has commented.. come on people…

# November 2, 2009 at 9:40 pm

Hard to "visualize" what you got there. post a link when you have it implemented. I’ll give you some feed back when I see it in action. Deal?

# November 3, 2009 at 12:06 pm

kk

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".