Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Should i start again?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AlCapone
    Participant

Hi, I am working on a website but i have got to a point where i realy don’t think its good…
    I need your opinions on weather i shoud start again or if its just me and it actualy looks ok.
    Alternatively howcould i improve it at the moment…
    In my head i have hit a brick wall basicaly
    the background was taken from a tutorial on tuts plus.
    Help Me Please =-)

http://www.thedailyjoke.co.uk

Chris

Luminated

I think its decent…but…what is it?

AlCapone
    Participant

yeah there will be more – i just got to a point where i couldn’t decide if i should carry on or start again.
    I tried to look at other joke websites for inspiration but there all basically last century designs.

dcp3450
    Participant

i’m getting this within the text: � where there should be an apostrophe.

break up the text better big blocks of text are hard to read on a screen. Also, i would bottom align the "rolling hills" the bottom bar seems like something’s missing (unless your planning a footer that you dont have in yet).

Add some clouds too. You can find some nice high res paint brushes for photoshop that will do the hard work for you :).

I would keep the look though. looking good.

AlCapone
    Participant

Thanks for all of the replies!
    I did some brainstorming last night and have modified the design – I think this one will look much better.
    Ill restart this post in the future when i have finished it – prob be a week or so – so you can have your say…

Many Thanks
    Chris

AlCapone
    Participant

OK, i have just about finished the new design and want to no what i should add, i think the logo is a bit boring but ill let you decide.
    http://thedailyjoke.co.uk/Joke.jpg

Many Thanks
    Chris

AlCapone
    Participant

20 people have viewed this since my last post and no one has commented.. come on people…

dcp3450
    Participant

Hard to "visualize" what you got there. post a link when you have it implemented. I’ll give you some feed back when I see it in action. Deal?

AlCapone
    Participant

kk

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.