Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Set Up Permissions In WordPress

• # December 9, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I would like to know how I can customize WordPress to set up different user permissions. I would like to create a WordPress theme that will have say five departments namely
    Math | English | Science | Music | Computers. These will be represented by the navigation menu. For example the nav tab named Math will be navigation item as well as a name representing that math department.

Each department say the Math department will have a number of users and only one person from that department will have the privilege to add, edit or delete content only to their page/department and not any other Page/department.

Also and more importunately, I want to know how I can customize my WordPress theme so that I control how much HTML or CSS each department can use. For example, I want to limit access to HTML and CSS code so that users do not add code that will break the layout of the site.

# December 11, 2012 at 4:00 pm

This plugin may be helpful for setting privileges within the admin area of WP. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/adminimize/

# December 11, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Thanks. I will definitely check it out.

# December 12, 2012 at 3:08 pm

No worries. Glad I could help.

# December 12, 2012 at 6:41 pm

I don’t think the firs part is possible in WordPress unless you right a tong of code.
    Seccont part you just need to do php replace and check the length if that is what you want.

Hope it’s helpful

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".