Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Please Help with a jquery problem

• # January 15, 2009 at 11:43 pm

I am pretty much new to jquery. Kindly help me to Create a 4 state button of the following features:
    Style a simple link so that is behaves as depicted below
    • When the user hovers over the link the text and background color should change
    • When the link is clicked the text should change as well as the background image.
    • After the user clicks the link and then moves the mouse off the link the hover behavior should change – the hover would then cause a different background image and the text to change.
    • Click the link a second time should cycle it back to the original behavior

I was asked to use an image of a star which will change the above states when hovered etc.

Kindly help.Thnks in advance

# January 16, 2009 at 12:02 am

1) This doesn’t sound like you’re having a "problem", this sounds like you’re asking for somebody to do this for you.

2) It doesn’t look like you need JQuery to do this, you could just use CSS.

# January 17, 2009 at 1:51 am

First I would recommend posting this in the javascript section, then, I would suggest watching Chris’s video on jQuery… We’re a helpful bunch here on CSS-Tricks, but you can’t simply ask for someone to do your work for you without producing even the slightest example of your own attempt.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".