Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Noobie needs help creating Logo

• # July 2, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Hey guys,

I just got a project from my company to create a logo for their website.
    They basically gave me a rough sketch of the drawing and all it consist of is a circle with an arrow that creates the circle outline.
    Then like buildings in the middle with the name underneath. Simple but I have no experience with any of this.

What tools do you guys recommend that I can get free?
    Also any tips does the dimensions have to be really large (is .png format)
    They aren’t expecting a professional logo since its a last minute thing they need so I just want to know you guys whip out your logos.
    Do you guys can templates and go from there?

Sorry if its the wrong place to put this discussion.

# July 2, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Whaat? They don’t care if it doesn’t look professional? And if you have no experience with logo design, why are they asking you? What kind of company is this?

# July 2, 2013 at 9:34 pm

I just do web stuff for my place. So why they asked me to do this logo I have no idea.

The people wanting the logo seems to just be a cleaning service and I’m guessing they want to have a logo on their site by tomorrow? I can only assume they just want a logo done and have a more professional one later from a more legitimate person too lol.

I would even say therir skectch isn’t that good anyhow.

# July 2, 2013 at 10:05 pm

> The people wanting the logo seems to just be a cleaning service and I’m guessing they want to have a logo on their site by tomorrow?

Do you work for an agency or are you a freelancer?

> I would even say therir skectch isn’t that good anyhow.

Sketches by the client don’t have to be good. As long as you have an understanding of what they’re looking for.

# July 2, 2013 at 10:50 pm

I work in the IT department for a company. So I don’t do freelancing.

Yeah I have a good understanding its pretty simple that I know I can do. I just don’t know if there are rules to follow in terms of logo design they basically just gave me minimal requirements such as color scheme but yeah.

I’m hoping I can whip out something nice tonight haha.

# July 2, 2013 at 11:36 pm

You need vector software and experience in plotting points is always a plus.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".