Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Noobie needs help creating Logo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    NghiQuach
    Participant

Hey guys,

I just got a project from my company to create a logo for their website.
    They basically gave me a rough sketch of the drawing and all it consist of is a circle with an arrow that creates the circle outline.
    Then like buildings in the middle with the name underneath. Simple but I have no experience with any of this.

What tools do you guys recommend that I can get free?
    Also any tips does the dimensions have to be really large (is .png format)
    They aren’t expecting a professional logo since its a last minute thing they need so I just want to know you guys whip out your logos.
    Do you guys can templates and go from there?

Sorry if its the wrong place to put this discussion.

chrisburton
    Participant

Whaat? They don’t care if it doesn’t look professional? And if you have no experience with logo design, why are they asking you? What kind of company is this?

NghiQuach
    Participant

I just do web stuff for my place. So why they asked me to do this logo I have no idea.

The people wanting the logo seems to just be a cleaning service and I’m guessing they want to have a logo on their site by tomorrow? I can only assume they just want a logo done and have a more professional one later from a more legitimate person too lol.

I would even say therir skectch isn’t that good anyhow.

chrisburton
    Participant

> The people wanting the logo seems to just be a cleaning service and I’m guessing they want to have a logo on their site by tomorrow?

Do you work for an agency or are you a freelancer?

> I would even say therir skectch isn’t that good anyhow.

Sketches by the client don’t have to be good. As long as you have an understanding of what they’re looking for.

NghiQuach
    Participant

I work in the IT department for a company. So I don’t do freelancing.

Yeah I have a good understanding its pretty simple that I know I can do. I just don’t know if there are rules to follow in terms of logo design they basically just gave me minimal requirements such as color scheme but yeah.

I’m hoping I can whip out something nice tonight haha.

chrisburton
    Participant

You need vector software and experience in plotting points is always a plus.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.