Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

No Template Option 2.8?

• # June 16, 2009 at 12:22 pm

Is anyone else having a problem with the template option not showing up under ‘Attributes’ in ‘Edit Page’ WP version 2.8?

Did they move it? My custom-page template is not showing up, nor is any custom template pages I create using

<?php
    /*
    Template Name: ###
    */
    ?>

Just wanting to make sure it’s not something I’m doing.

Thanks!

Todd

Rob
    # June 16, 2009 at 12:32 pm

as far as I know dude it should work as normal – although I have not updated yet…

# June 16, 2009 at 6:14 pm

I haven’t updated my sites to 2.8. There are basically a whole raft of problems with it that are causing problems with many themes and plugins and some sites just don’t work at all.

I’ll probably leave 2.8 for now, since there’s basically nothing in there that I’m desperate for, or wait until a .1 point release.

Best of luck.
    Dave

# June 17, 2009 at 12:44 am

Mine are all fine…. although in the past when I’ve seen this problem I have randomly fixed it by quickly activating a different theme and then reactivating the main theme.

# June 17, 2009 at 5:32 am

That’s good news Chris. There is, however, a serious bug in the 2.8 automatic upgrade code that is causing some users to experience problems (see http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10140).

This bug is fixed in 2.8.1 – so beware if you are upgrading from 2.7 to 2.8 using the automatic upgrade option.

# June 18, 2009 at 9:24 am

Hey Chris,

Switching from the starkers theme to another and then right back to starkers did the trick! Thanks so much!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".