Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End No Template Option 2.8?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Is anyone else having a problem with the template option not showing up under ‘Attributes’ in ‘Edit Page’ WP version 2.8?

Did they move it? My custom-page template is not showing up, nor is any custom template pages I create using

<?php
    /*
    Template Name: ###
    */
    ?>

Just wanting to make sure it’s not something I’m doing.

Thanks!

Todd

Rob MacKay
    Participant

as far as I know dude it should work as normal – although I have not updated yet…

I haven’t updated my sites to 2.8. There are basically a whole raft of problems with it that are causing problems with many themes and plugins and some sites just don’t work at all.

I’ll probably leave 2.8 for now, since there’s basically nothing in there that I’m desperate for, or wait until a .1 point release.

Best of luck.
    Dave

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Mine are all fine…. although in the past when I’ve seen this problem I have randomly fixed it by quickly activating a different theme and then reactivating the main theme.

That’s good news Chris. There is, however, a serious bug in the 2.8 automatic upgrade code that is causing some users to experience problems (see http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10140).

This bug is fixed in 2.8.1 – so beware if you are upgrading from 2.7 to 2.8 using the automatic upgrade option.

Hey Chris,

Switching from the starkers theme to another and then right back to starkers did the trick! Thanks so much!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.