Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Need some suggestions.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    markthema3
    Participant

Changed the about page to be more general.

TheDoc

The new logo looks like something out of the 90’s – probably would’ve been cool at the time, but things have moved on since then! Here’s something that I whipped up quickly for a logo:

Notice that I didn’t use the actual name “I Need Webpage” – it’s awkward to say because, as I’ve mentioned, it’s not proper english.

markthema3
    Participant

I like it. I’ll whip something up.

markthema3
    Participant

Logo should be centered now.

markthema3
    Participant

Unless anyone has a screen that is larger than 1080p. If you do, help me figure out why

.logo {
    width:75%;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }

wasn’t centering it.

Still working on a 2nd new logo.

markthema3
    Participant

New logo! (again) More modern.

markthema3
    Participant

COLOR!

TheDoc

Again, it’s still a logo from the 90’s. The font, the strong bevel, the strong gradient, etc.

Have a look through here for inspiration: http://logopond.com/

markthema3
    Participant

So… Simpler? I see a lot of matte looking stuff there. That was the look I was originally going for with the rest of the site.

chrisburton
    Participant

Because @TheDoc gave you a suggestion on your logo doesn’t mean you should automatically accept it and use as your own (which you did with minor changes). Dark websites are not bad looking. Take time with your work, you’re making very minimum changes and keep coming back for suggestions. You need inspiration other than “90’s” style websites.

markthema3
    Participant

I understand that; I just really liked the “mouse clicking on logo” thing. I’m not looking at “90’s” style websites for inspiration (at least not consciously). I believe I have a screenshot of what it used to look like. It was terrible. Regardless of how far it has to go, its come a loong way.

chrisburton
    Participant

I only say that because you had to have gotten inspiration on something for you to choose this route in design. My very first website was dark as well and my logo was pure 3D which I still have somewhere, unfortunately. Not sure why you think you have to use gradient on just about everything? Can you post a few sites you really like so we can get a brief look of your style thinking?

TheDoc

By all means use the idea. My main emphasis was on the modern font.

We all had to start somewhere. Fortunately many years ago my harddrive was fried and I lost all of my old designs! Typography is no easy task – I’m not very good at it myself. Keep on looking at successful design and try to figure out why they are successful, chances are you’ll start to see the patterns and be able to emulate them.

markthema3
    Participant

Yeah, I want to use an svg font, but there is too little support, so I can’t reasonably use that in place of a logo.

@ ChristopherBurton
    I really like the design of the Wacom site.
    I also like a lot of the stuff relating to google chrome, such as the download page.
    I like the design of gmail.

Johnnyb

Whenever I’m short on inspiration for a project I take a few minutes to browse through deviantart. It usually get my creative juices flowing again.

Maybe have a think about who you’re aiming the site at, and what kind of impression you’re trying to create. And then design it’s aesthetic accordingly.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.