Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Need some suggestions.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    TheDoc

Even ‘I Need Website’ is broken English. It’s ‘I Need a Website’.

Re: Email link on the Contact page – set up an interactive form instead.

markthema3
    Participant

I understand that it’s broken English. It’s just that most people say website when referring to a whole site. That’s why I Need Website would have been preferrable. I might be able to find where I brainstormed to try to find a better name. I’ll look into the email thing.

chrisburton
    Participant

For consideration purposes: If you have to explain the definition of the idea, it’s probably not effective and/or understandable.

derekbtw
    Participant

I don’t want to sound rude at all but… I just don’t like the layout/design at all.. I suggest try going after a different design.

DogsGhost

saying ‘I need webpage’ reminds me of good ole ‘I can has cheezburger?’

markthema3
    Participant

@derekbtw
    What don’t you like about it?

derekbtw
    Participant

@markthema3

– The logo is too large in my opinion and the quality of it isn’t very high
    – Although pretty cool, the navigation buttons just seem.. unprofessional in a way
    – Your “content” section should be centered if your page is full width and if the navigation is centered
    – There is too much black, I think it would look better with some more color
    – More graphics would be a huge improvement. The only sort of graphics are the logo and the gradients, which don’t really count as a graphic.

That was all intended to be constructive criticism, I hope you didn’t take any offence to any of it. You are talented don’t get me wrong.

markthema3
    Participant

Thanks. No offense taken, I am asking for criticism, after all.
    -I’ve mentioned before that we’re working on a new logo.
    -Would it look better if the box got wider rather then rising in 3d?
    -The content section is centered now.
    -I’ve mentioned before that I’m going to be adding accents based on whatever colors we decide to have in the logo.
    -Does the portfolio page look good? It has more images, which also adds more more color. I do kind of take pride in not using images unless I have to. Any ideas what I should add/change?

chrisburton
    Participant

Use more color in the buttons, take away the box-shadow until its hovered.

markthema3
    Participant

Done. How does it look?

jimsilverman

lol, this is a joke right? something’s not adding up.

i look at this and i see advanced CSS affects such as box shadows, rounded borders, linear and radial gradients, scaling and transitions. you’re even using @font-face for the icons. and i see conditional comments for IE fallbacks. all impressive, advanced stuff.

but they’re all thrown together haphazardly to create an overall bizarrely bland website that seems to be a parody of the web 2.0 “style”. it’s pretty much CSS-diarrhea.

Arvid

I think you need to work on the spacings, things don’t seem to line up The banner’s waaay to large, the navigation is differently far away from the right and the left side of the content area, there’s no need for the footer to be as large as it is now.,

markthema3
    Participant

@jimsilverman
    What do you mean thrown haphazardly? How could I make it less bland?
    @ Arvid
    I can’t fix the footer right now, but I will fix it once I get to one of my production computers. Once again, we are working on a new banner, it will probably be svg with conditionals to use a gif for older browsers.

markthema3
    Participant

New logo! How does it look?

Johnnyb

Eeek.

In my opinion it doesn’t look professional. Looks like the logo for a grungy underground nightclub, or some kind of fight club.

Also, the logo isn’t centered with the rest of the page on larger resolutions. It is when the window is smaller, but when you enlarge the window it is offset to the left.

There is also too much space between the menu buttons, and I don’t think it’s necessary to list every different type of HTML and CSS that each developer works in the about page. That just seems ridiculous.

The whole site feels dark and kind of dated.

Hope those points help.

John

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.