Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

just a pic of the site, need feedback

• # February 17, 2009 at 9:51 pm

http://www.shipbottommarinecenter.com/mockup2/

Please let me know what needs work. I am trying to make this a premium quality site.

pab
    # February 18, 2009 at 2:15 am

Looks good cybershot,

I would maybe try some different font, and the red strip with the crackles is kind of off-setting with the rest of the design.

# February 18, 2009 at 4:40 pm

(I thought I had already replied to this? hmmm)

Okee dokee:

1) The texture behind the nav is a little distracting; also, what if the client would like to expand to more than 3 nav items? What happens if they need 6?

2) The indent on the first paragraph should be removed, it’s not necessary and disrupts the flow, the text could also use a little more padding to the left and right.

3) The black text seems just a touch too thick, almost like it’s bolded.

4) Structure seems to be missing. What I mean is, it’s hard to really tell where a section begins and where it ends. As it is now, I feel like I should read the main paragraph but that the text continues going to the bottom right (Fun on the water, etc). While this is good as it keeps me reading, I should be able to tell when a section ends/begins. This is important for hierarchy.

5) The logo on the top is rather dreadful, I would either just go for some plain text or a redesign.

6) The big picture in the bottom left seems to be on its own, looks odd.

Keep on going though, it certainly has promise.

# February 18, 2009 at 8:44 pm

Thanks Doc for your comments. I will try to figure out how to make those improvements. I know what you mean about the picture on the bottom left looking like it’s there on it’s own. I was thinking about doing a slideshow in that area. It seems as if no one likes the nav. I will redesign that. As far as the logo, got no Idea how to improve that. I would say logo design is not my specialty.

Rob
    # February 19, 2009 at 4:44 am

For me the first thing that reallly hits me is the background seems to devour the site. Maybe a nice background colour change would be useful too. :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".