Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

CSS-Tricks Redesign

• # November 25, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I like the Almanac and Gallery. Keep up the good work!

# November 25, 2011 at 8:26 pm

I like the new icons, and the dynamic width design considerations look and work great. Almanac is perfect addition – can’t wait to see it fleshed out. Search not working though…

# November 25, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Loving the “Deals” icon and I think the Almanac will be a huge hit.

# November 25, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Now I see CSS Tricks more elegant and clean. I’m not saying that the first CSS Tricks design are not elegant, but by retaining the old design as a master, I feel like stay in a familiar place. Very awesome….

# November 25, 2011 at 9:50 pm

@ChristopherBurton : I agree with your opinion.

# November 25, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Thanks ya’ll. Just a little tweak to the navigation to make room for those new sections and the new Treehouse advertising. Wasn’t QUITE ready with the new sections, but now that they are out it’s all the more motivation to get them fixed up!

# November 25, 2011 at 10:21 pm

@ChrisCoyier Just curious, are you going to add a search bar to the forums?

# November 25, 2011 at 10:33 pm

If you take the almanac section, and do it up like the snippets are now, you could have categories for, say: css selectors. css properties, html tags, html attributes, doctypes, etc. As it is now it seems it could get messy once a lot of content got added into it.
    Now, that’s just my opinion, it’s your site.

# November 26, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Got the search back in here in the forums. Ideally I’d like to get a system like I used to have where you can narrow the search to different sections of the site (if you want). Should be easy enough to do just gotta do it (create many different Google CSE’s and toggle between them).

# November 26, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Definitely love the new nav.

Also like the subtle color effect when loading the home page (cycling through the colors).

# November 27, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I was kind of hoping the new navigation would be using font based icons :) But I definitely like the new nav bar!

Just noticed the frog changing with each screen size – very cool.

What is it that is animating the changes on each screen resize. Normal media queries would just change instantly, right? Like the frog, logo, etc animate to their new respective positions.

# November 28, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Much better. Cleaner navigation with better usability makes it easier for us to “navigate” and get to the content we want.

Also the Almanac looks like it has vast potential. Great job @chriscoyier.

# November 29, 2011 at 4:39 am

I like the nice colours on the mouse over :)

# November 29, 2011 at 8:51 am

My only gripe is the background. I just feel, there’s so much amazing creativity going on here, but then just some beige stripey background. I honestly think it’d be better off just as either a pure white or slightly off white. Or a white background with thin, off-white stripes, a bit like the current one just…whiter.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".