Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS-Tricks Redesign

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    cnwtx

I like the Almanac and Gallery. Keep up the good work!

I like the new icons, and the dynamic width design considerations look and work great. Almanac is perfect addition – can’t wait to see it fleshed out. Search not working though…

chrisburton
    Participant

Loving the “Deals” icon and I think the Almanac will be a huge hit.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Thanks ya’ll. Just a little tweak to the navigation to make room for those new sections and the new Treehouse advertising. Wasn’t QUITE ready with the new sections, but now that they are out it’s all the more motivation to get them fixed up!

chrisburton
    Participant

@ChrisCoyier Just curious, are you going to add a search bar to the forums?

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Got the search back in here in the forums. Ideally I’d like to get a system like I used to have where you can narrow the search to different sections of the site (if you want). Should be easy enough to do just gotta do it (create many different Google CSE’s and toggle between them).

TheDoc

Definitely love the new nav.

Also like the subtle color effect when loading the home page (cycling through the colors).

standuncan

Much better. Cleaner navigation with better usability makes it easier for us to “navigate” and get to the content we want.

Also the Almanac looks like it has vast potential. Great job @chriscoyier.

Rutger

I like the nice colours on the mouse over :)

Brightonmike

My only gripe is the background. I just feel, there’s so much amazing creativity going on here, but then just some beige stripey background. I honestly think it’d be better off just as either a pure white or slightly off white. Or a white background with thin, off-white stripes, a bit like the current one just…whiter.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.