Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Check out our new WP site!!! Feedback please. inliquid.org

• # April 29, 2011 at 10:38 am

http://www.inliquid.org

This was a HUGE undertaking, but we finally launched yesterday. This entire site was done by two of us.. front end designer and back end WP programmer . . and of course the help of css-tricks and diggin. EVERYTHING is populated via WP.

Take a look at it and give us some feedback. Look at the footer for a link to the old version of our site.. to see the progress we made.

thanks.. looking forward to hearing your comments!

# April 29, 2011 at 11:03 am

hey Maro

I really like it. It’s clean and simple

# April 29, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Hey Waffle, thanks!!

# April 29, 2011 at 4:12 pm

I think it’s quite nice. Everything has breathing room and the content really steals the show with that simple layout.

If you don’t mind my asking, how did you put together the artist area? Do the artists have control over their little page? A friend of mine recently put up a “things to do” website for our local town and was thinking about adding a section for local artists to sign up for free and I’ve been thinking of different ways we could give an artist control over a single page profile.

# April 29, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Ha so bizarre, my two-person team is starting almost the exact same project for a .org based in Michigan. Site looks great, content-focused with a modern feel.
    Only thing that strikes me a bit odd is the blog link having target=”blank”.
    Also you get horizontal scroll on 1024 monitors!!

# May 3, 2011 at 10:35 am

@Josh “If you don’t mind my asking, how did you put together the artist area? Do the artists have control over their little page? “

Technically we could allow the artists to update their section, but we are assuming the quality control for now. The page utilities a Gallery plugin for the images, which manages and sizes them automatically, and the copy is just styled. Everything is put in through a “page”.

@DogsChost: yeah, we need to work on the blog, It’s old and needed updating. The “higher ups” wanted in to be targeted in a blank page. And we are trying to narrow down the width a bit.

Thanks for the comments guys.

# May 3, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Site looks great! I’m a big fan of the spacing between the elements and the footer looks really nice.

One observation… I was trying to scroll down the page for a few seconds before I realized I was actually moving through the slides in the slideshow. A bit awkward/confusing in my opinion.

That said – very well done.

# May 3, 2011 at 3:13 pm

It’s obvious a lot of careful thought went into the layout and overall design of the site — really, really nice work, and a big evolutionary leap forward from the previous design.

# May 6, 2011 at 11:47 am

@Tim “One observation… I was trying to scroll down the page for a few seconds before I realized I was actually moving through the slides in the slideshow. A bit awkward/confusing in my opinion.”

thanks for pointing this out. It was bothering me as well. We fixed it so it doesn’t scroll with your mouse.!

@ccc630 Thanks for the compliments!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".