Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Check out our new WP site!!! Feedback please. inliquid.org

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    maro
    Participant

http://www.inliquid.org

This was a HUGE undertaking, but we finally launched yesterday. This entire site was done by two of us.. front end designer and back end WP programmer . . and of course the help of css-tricks and diggin. EVERYTHING is populated via WP.

Take a look at it and give us some feedback. Look at the footer for a link to the old version of our site.. to see the progress we made.

thanks.. looking forward to hearing your comments!

Waffle

hey Maro

I really like it. It’s clean and simple

maro
    Participant

Hey Waffle, thanks!!

DogsGhost

Ha so bizarre, my two-person team is starting almost the exact same project for a .org based in Michigan. Site looks great, content-focused with a modern feel.
    Only thing that strikes me a bit odd is the blog link having target=”blank”.
    Also you get horizontal scroll on 1024 monitors!!

maro
    Participant

@Josh “If you don’t mind my asking, how did you put together the artist area? Do the artists have control over their little page? “

Technically we could allow the artists to update their section, but we are assuming the quality control for now. The page utilities a Gallery plugin for the images, which manages and sizes them automatically, and the copy is just styled. Everything is put in through a “page”.

@DogsChost: yeah, we need to work on the blog, It’s old and needed updating. The “higher ups” wanted in to be targeted in a blank page. And we are trying to narrow down the width a bit.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Site looks great! I’m a big fan of the spacing between the elements and the footer looks really nice.

One observation… I was trying to scroll down the page for a few seconds before I realized I was actually moving through the slides in the slideshow. A bit awkward/confusing in my opinion.

That said – very well done.

ccc630

It’s obvious a lot of careful thought went into the layout and overall design of the site — really, really nice work, and a big evolutionary leap forward from the previous design.

maro
    Participant

@Tim “One observation… I was trying to scroll down the page for a few seconds before I realized I was actually moving through the slides in the slideshow. A bit awkward/confusing in my opinion.”

thanks for pointing this out. It was bothering me as well. We fixed it so it doesn’t scroll with your mouse.!

@ccc630
    Thanks for the compliments!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.