Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Adobe cs4

• # November 1, 2008 at 5:08 pm

I am thinking about buying cs4. anyone got any opinions on it?

# November 2, 2008 at 2:42 pm

Do you have CS3 now?

I have read a review for the new Illustrator and it gave a real good example of if you have Illustrator CS3 now, there might not be a worth while reason to upgrade.

Granted I haven’t downloaded the trial version yet, but for what I do with Photoshop and Illustrator now, there is no real need for me personally to upgrade.

# November 2, 2008 at 3:22 pm

i do not have cs3. I have photoshop cs2, dreamweaver 8 and flash cs3 pro. I am a student so I can buy the full version for 600.00 I would be getting photoshop cs4, fireworks and a few other programs that are in there.

# November 5, 2008 at 10:54 pm

Even if you already have CS3, it’s totally worth the upgrade. All the apps have some cool new features as well as lots of refinements. Check out this AI review here. The reviewer is Mordy Golding, previous AI product manager. He’s an author of Real World Illustrator, and he has a nice blog that has some good stuff.

# November 15, 2008 at 12:24 am

IMO, if you need it, and its worth the money to you, then yes. If not, then no.

Also, CS3 is a very powerful suite of products… So powerful, that I doubt any of us even use it to its full potential.
    We’re not talking about an upgrade from Photoshop 4 to Photoshop CS4… we’re talking about CS3 to CS4.

Well, that’s my 2 cents. ;) Then again, I don’t like spending money for no reason.

# November 15, 2008 at 1:55 am

you lost me on that dude. photoshop 4 to cs4? what? is there a difference? I don’t have any version of creative suit. I thought I would buy cs4 to get the latest photoshop, dreamweaver and whatever else is in there.

# November 15, 2008 at 9:03 am

You’re all barking mad lol I don’t know about the rest of the suite but DreamWeaver CS4 and Photoshop are FREAKIN aweosme. I beta tested Dreamweaver and saw some examples of what photoshop can do, especially with the new Content Aware Scaling … WOW… lol

As for dreamweaver I don’t really use that many of the features anyway I really liked the new layout and options. There’s a new tab you get when you open a document. Before you would have to open each file that are linked to the document manually. Now you open for example index.html (which has jquery.js, style.js litebox.js) they show up in a menu at the bottom of the normal tab where u access to all of them without having to search and open it.

…. I love it.. need upgrade.. too expensive

# November 15, 2008 at 10:40 am

I never had Photoshop 4 either… my first version was 7.

But, my point is, is that you’re not talking about a several version jump. You’re talking about the next version up. If you have the money, and it’s not a factor in your life, consider yourself lucky, and upgrade. But, if you’re more conscious with your spending, like myself, you may not see the reason to upgrade. Sure, there may be some added features… but think of it from a business perspective. Adobe has ideas they haven’t released yet… they’re waiting for CS5. Why? Because ultimately, they’re a business, and its about making money. And, they’ll be making their money on the people who upgrade every single time a new suite comes out.

Just my opinion… I’m not knocking Adobe. It’s just a personal feeling that unless the upgrade is earth shattering, it’s not worth *my* money when i already have something I probably don’t even use half of its power. Why get more power that I won’t use? I don’t feel an option to open 3 more files by clicking an easily viewable button in Dreamweaver to be worth the upgrade price. In fact, it’s already there… the file browser I keep on the right side. ;<

Again, just my opinion… If you’ve got the money and the time to learn every single feature, more power to you =)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".