Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

adjustments to startstop-slider?

• # August 29, 2009 at 8:44 pm

I am a complete and total novice with javascript. I love this script–it is the best smooth linking of text with an image that i’ve found–but am curious to see what it looks like with some modifications.

Here is the test page for the implementation of the startstop-slider script:
    http://www.trinityfel.org/try4.html

Is it possible to adjust the animation function on the image so that it does something like fade in and out, or also slides in from the left like the text? And is it possible to have it work in conjunction with the text movement instead of before/after?

# August 29, 2009 at 11:24 pm

anything is posible, but what you are talking about would require a lot of coding. This kind of coding would need an expert in javascript. I suggest you take a look at jquery. It has a lot of the same functions, only it’s a whole lot easier to get it working and it works with a whole lot less code.

# August 30, 2009 at 7:06 am

hm. i figured that it would just be a matter of changing the "top" and "left" commands in the javascript, no? I have looked around in the jquery plugin library but haven’t found anything that works quite like I’d like it to. Everything seems to be for images only. I haven’t found one that allows you to write text as well, and have it become part of the cycle, or at least one that actually runs smoothly and syncs correctly with the image.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".