Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript adjustments to startstop-slider?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bshorey

I am a complete and total novice with javascript. I love this script–it is the best smooth linking of text with an image that i’ve found–but am curious to see what it looks like with some modifications.

Here is the test page for the implementation of the startstop-slider script:
    http://www.trinityfel.org/try4.html

Is it possible to adjust the animation function on the image so that it does something like fade in and out, or also slides in from the left like the text? And is it possible to have it work in conjunction with the text movement instead of before/after?

bshorey

hm. i figured that it would just be a matter of changing the "top" and "left" commands in the javascript, no? I have looked around in the jquery plugin library but haven’t found anything that works quite like I’d like it to. Everything seems to be for images only. I haven’t found one that allows you to write text as well, and have it become part of the cycle, or at least one that actually runs smoothly and syncs correctly with the image.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.