I kicked off a really poppin' Twitter thread the other day:
What are the LOWEST hanging fruit of web performance? Nothing fancy, anyone can do, big impact.
Gzip. Optimize stuff. Reduce requests...
What are other big ones?
— Chris Coyier (@chriscoyier) August 17, 2018
So, I decided to round up all the ideas (both my own and yours) around that in a post over on the Media Temple blog.
These are the things we dive into in that post:
- Reduce Requests
- Optimize Assets
- Make sure you’re gzipping
- Make sure you’re browser caching
- Use a CDN
- Lazy Load and Defer Loading of Things
- Use responsive images (or at least use reasonable sizes)
- Mind Your Fonts
- Good Hosting / HTTP2 / PHP7