Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End PHP Form Question(s)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Brightonmike

Really? I know it’s not an important issue, but really it actually is. Your code needs to be logical and written properly, using BR tags for spacing is bad coding practise. You should only be using CSS for styling!

dhechler

@Brightonmike Yeah. I didnt make that, but BR tags are allowed to be used. I would have done it after the closing label tab, but I do definitely think you could use CSS to do this instead.

justaguy
    Participant

1. contactFormprocess.php does not exist on your server. I get a 404 page when i click submit. “quoteFormprocess.php” exists because that is my (current, soon to be replaced) attempt at processing the quote form on my quote page.

Response: contactFormprocess.php isn’t being referenced to in my html any longer. That was the name/file for my “old” .php processing. Since working with you I am now simply adopting the send.php name/file to keep from getting (too) confused. I don’t see that it is found on the server atm (?)

2. your enctype=”text/plain” will not submit anything to your php file.

Response: The enctype for the send.php is “multipart/form-data”. I just corrected the “case” of the text to lower case, it was all caps just now.

I don’t understand, the issues you are raising here I can’t see on the server, unless the number of changes that we’ve been going through are not being promptly updated on the server, but that’s not making sense if you are “seeing” it and I am not (?)

justaguy
    Participant

The
    tags aren’t necessary, I agree, that was just a carry over from the tutorial.

dhechler

Just to be clear. I am talking about http://www.nearnorthwebdesign.com/contact.html

The form on this page is using this code below.

Is that the page that you have been updating?

justaguy
    Participant

no reference to contactFormprocess.php in my html, and really hasn’t been for awhile. So no sense in spending time on that IMHO, am using send.php

justaguy
    Participant

Yes, that is the page I have been updating the name of the processing php, and applying the change in enctype

dhechler

Maybe thats the problem. It’s not actually updating for some reason. The code I pasted is what everyone that visits the site is seeing. Ive had that happen where code just wont update. I’d really like to help with this more, but I’m not sure where to go from here as I’ve supplied working code that will send an email once the form is submitted. If you have any specific questions, I’d be happy to answer them, but I don’t feel like I can troubleshoot anymore than I already have.

justaguy
    Participant

Hey d!

Yea, I know I can be a piece of work, I am learning. I honestly do appreciate ALL your help, and thanks again for the code, my job isn’t finished yet!

Thanks guy!

justaguy
    Participant

RESOLVED! I learned a couple valuable things from this dilemma:

1. PHP processing pages have to named in relation to the web page they are drawing information from, and

2. Having a dedicated and committed support person like dhechler here has restored my faith that good people are still out there willing to help.

dhechler

What was the final solution?

dhechler

@justaguy I’ve disabled the dev.wovenland.com/justaguy form as I am now using it as a testing form for something else.

justaguy
    Participant

Haha! You caught me! re: dev.wovenland.com/justaguy form. Everything is working re: contact and quote forms, email, etc. thanks to you.

The link between the contact page and the php processing page was broken! When you mentioned that the contactFormprocess.php didn’t exist, I had a feeling that I had overlooked something simple. I’m sorry if that caused you to spend more time with me that might have been necessary, but I was focused on trying to keep your involvement brief, and wasn’t experienced enough to anticipate those problems.

justaguy
    Participant

I am now focused on getting my WP blog on-line. I have it all completed to visually match the remainder of my site already, just transferring my existed files from my wamp server onto my site.

justaguy
    Participant

Sharp looking site you’re working on BTW.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.