Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS-reset

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Exactly @zackw. My rounded corner images load right along with everything else.
    I agree that border-radius will save you working time down the road but that doesn’t necessarily help the fact that when people want their site to look the same in all browsers they won’t get that result using border-radius at this point.

shuma

Had a nice talk with a webbdev that drives a microblogging site that has about 10,000 users in Sweden. Discussed with him how he got round the edges on his website as well in all browsers.

He said, it does not work in all browsers ..

Then I understod that I got a placebo effect.
    His design for the site made so that you did not notice the different IE browser.

And I have to agree with @kipperc and @TheDoc.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

To get back to the original question. It is common practice now to create one main sheet and import other sheets into it.

For example:

style.css

@import url("reset.css");
    @import url("layout.css");
    @import url("kitchenSink.css");

Then you can make one link to style.css and within that it will drag the others with it a little like a php include. It will keep your code nice and clean in the header too without having to have links to 5 sheets.

Rounded corners should be done with radius now – anyone who has a browser that will not support this feature should not factor in, because they are not needed for functionality. Hopefully if they see it in a browser that actually does support things, and then they can educate themselves.

In short I agree with @kipperc and @TheDoc.

shuma

Thanks, great ide @Robskiwarrior

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I see @TheDoc’s, @kipperc, and @robskiwarrior’s point and its a valid one. The reason I mainly use my rounded corner images, is because of the gradient effect. It would look completely stupid if it had an edge so thats why I won’t code the gradient in CSS. But, if you’re using solid colors, I would definitely go with border-radius without question like they said.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.