The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS can css do this? Re: can css do this?

Rob MacKay
"hoosierdoc" wrote:
I want to have an image with a few hot areas that when moused over, displays an area off to one side that has image and text inside. Is this Css-able or should it be something like shockwave?

thanks for any guidance!


Wow shockwave, that’s something I have not heard in a looonngg time lol

I would look into either using flash or jQuery/JavaScript. Flash because you can be extremely accurate with your hot spots. If your hot spots arnt too complicated, then I would use jQuery.

I wouldnt ever use shockwave, you will find that these days I would wager about 90% of people would have to install it before they could view you site properly.