Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Define art direction that can be scaled ( responsive image, just one image ) Reply To: Define art direction that can be scaled ( responsive image, just one image )

Illustrathor
Participant

Thought about it too, to use a wrapper around it which I could set to 100% width while placing an image inside it in another wraper to define the art direction. But I thought, there has to be a simpler and cleaner way than that.

The image is 3000x2000px, from this Image, I have to take an area with the size by 1500×1000 px ( neither at one side nor the center ).
This Area must than scale freely between viewports 321 and 1024. At 320 and 1025 are the other breakpoints, at which other Areas of the original image have to be visible and scale depending on the devicewidth as usual.

EDIT:

I created a small example what I try to accomplish:

http://s32.postimg.org/mttr859vp/example.jpg

On the left there is a example image, the original cannot be used to show what I mean, but whatever.
From this big image I need a certain area that is visiple between the viewport breakpoints between 321 and 1024 and will fluidly scale between those two