Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Sharing libraries that are enjoyable to work with? Reply To: Sharing libraries that are enjoyable to work with?

fourtonfish
Participant

Hey Damon,

Author of the first site you mentioned here. Mind sharing why you’re not fully satisfied? I suppose it’s the lack of options such as “Show likes”, etc?

If that’s the case, I did some work on http://www.fourtonfish.com/sitesummary/ , which pretty much shows how to get the data. I was thinking about either building a separate plugin or even adding this as an option to the site, although I never really got emails about people needing this, so I didn’t have a whole lot of incentive.

Personally, I don’t mind not showing these numbers. First of all, most people don’t have websites with 1,000s of Likes and Tweets, so showing a bunch of 0s on each blog post — with an occasional 2 or 5 doesn’t really look that impressive.

And I remember reading a great article that compares these “social media numbers” to those “My site has 8,995 visitors” counters.

But hey, that’s just a personal preference.