Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other What would it take to build a live bracket that people can vote on week by week? Reply To: What would it take to build a live bracket that people can vote on week by week?

shortcutt
Participant

Exactly, I came across that tutorial shortly after I posted this but taking this information and evolving it into something that’s much more complex and Drupal-compatible (not to mention sustainable and reusable, which is another goal with this), all while trying to build a really nice front-end with smooth interactivity in the course of 2 weeks is crazy. Not to mention if errors pop up after this goes live, which they inevitably will, I’ll be hard-pressed to find a quick solution with only a cursory knowledge. Part of me really wants to try but I think it will end with me slamming my head into the wall repeatedly.

And yea, I foresee lots of issues with Drupal compatibility considering everything seems more difficult and less user-friendly than it has to be, and we have a brand-customized version so there seems to be no real straight-forward guide. I haven’t had to work with it too much since I’m using microsites and just uploading straight code files for custom feature treatments.

All this being said I definitely want to learn this stuff anyway, perhaps not on a deadline, but it would be nice to round out my development knowledge for future reference.