Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Bootstrap in Joomla template, reduce font size on small screen Reply To: Bootstrap in Joomla template, reduce font size on small screen

Atelierbram
Participant

I will do this, but before that, allow me to schow you an alternative. When you would change the font-size of the .nav element in bootstrap.css on line nr. 3794 from 16px to 14px, then it will break right, and still look good, (in my opinion even better).

Also you could change the padding from 15px to 14px on the link itself:

.nav > li > a {
  position: relative;
  display: block;
  padding: 10px 14px;
}

But this codeblock lives on line 31 of navs.less, as seen from styletab in Chrome DevTools, so it seems the Less engine is still on!

Another thing I would like you to consider is changing the contact-link-text from: Contact US to just Contact.

About the breakpoint: right now when it’s round about the 1200px breakpoint, then it will be OK. In Chrome, with DevTools open, when dragging the browser-window, you will see the screen dimensions appear in the top-right corner. And there’s always other tools as well, maybe try searching for this.