Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Opinions of FoxyCart eCommerce & Alternatives Reply To: Opinions of FoxyCart eCommerce & Alternatives

dhollander
Participant

Hi Ethan,

I just saw this message. I’m the developer of FoxyShop and I have quite a bit of experience working with FoxyCart. Here’s a few thoughts:

• I think the value of having built-in PCI compliance makes using FoxyCart a no-brainer. Getting your site truly secure and keeping it that way is a surprisingly huge process.
  • FoxyCart does have some pretty big clients. The interesting thing about enterprise, though, is that you can’t really advertise that in a lot of cases. I would say that most of their customers are small to medium sized businesses. I heard that as of now they’ve done about $600M of sales through their system.
  • WooCommerce is more polished that FoxyShop, but FoxyShop is designed specifically for developers to easily adjust the templates and build in their own functionality. And if devs have questions, I’m happy to help and make recommendations.