Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Ever get this vague feedback? – "Your approach was not what we were looking for" Reply To: Ever get this vague feedback? – "Your approach was not what we were looking for"

Faux_Real
Participant

I understand where @chrisburton is coming from. I want to believe this company is not doing a scam because we were progressing along the interview process. Good points about picking tests with no affiliation, will definitely keep that in mind for the future. Any tips to search for companies that give these fake “tests” on Twitter or other places? I personally do background searches for companies on Glassdoor for employee ratings, salary and interview experiences.

@Joe_Temp
– I’ve encountered this grimy practice in many other places, and always try to weed them out. Some big offenders I keep seeing include logo and branding contests, style “tests” to see if you’d be a fit, and “how would you improve this site and send us the code”.

Great feedback guys! I’m eager to hear if other have more feedback on that vague phrase about the “approach not being what we’re looking for” too.