Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Help/suggestions with a contact form, please! Reply To: Help/suggestions with a contact form, please!

__
Participant

I assume the pastebin I submitted here was wrong and of no help.

Not at all; I just haven’t had a chance to sit down and look at it. I am now.

edit

Well, I don’t see anything that stands out as terribly wrong. Can you post the contents of the ./include/fgcontactform.php file?

I am fairly confident that the “for better security” bit could be made much more useful, but I’d need to see how the script actually uses it.

I’m pretty sure I have this so it will send, but I’ve yet to try it by adding my email address. I have tested it without and have received failure notices to my general inbox, though how I’m not sure since I’ve entered my email extension nowhere in the files of the form.

Right… if you haven’t provided your email address anywhere, the script wouldn’t be able to send you anything. Go ahead and try so we can know what (if) problems actually exist. You can remove your email again after the test if you are too concerned about it.

edit #2

Which is better, using the @ or just clicking reply. Isn’t a notice sent to their email then?

I honestly don’t pay much attention to the notices, but I’ll see the @-reply when I browse the threads.