Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Trouble creating multiple borders with pseudo elements. Reply To: Trouble creating multiple borders with pseudo elements.

Anonymous
Inactive

Greetings Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

The image for the right border is 648px tall and obviously has a gradient. As I will be using this page as a template for other pages on the site I’m certain some pages will contain more text/content than this first page and as the page grows in length, having the border underneath will make it look like the gradient is consistent. With the line over the image the gradient for that line (currently red for easy viewing) is covered.

I read about z-index day before last and felt it needed to be used for my last two issues. The problem was/is I am not sure where to place such things for them to function.

Regarding :before and :after; a pseudo line outside the actual border of a div or table is still in the element, or am I way off? I assume that “content” is anything within an element?

Best Regards.