What is inside The Lodge?
There are over 225 videos in The Lodge! They are in three huge complete series.
The complete process of designing an artist's website from a mobile-first perspective using WordPress as a CMS.
Over 150 videos detailing every step of the redesign process for this very website.
Who teaches these courses?
Your teacher in The Lodge is Chris Coyier. Chris is the founder of CSS-Tricks - which has been going strong as a web design and development community site since 2007. He has created countless WordPress sites as well as co-authored a book on WordPress.
What will I learn from these videos?
You’ll learn what real world modern web design and development is like. You’ll see each line of code get written (the how). Perhaps just as importantly, you’ll hear the thinking behind the choices being made in real time (the why). You can see everything come together and make a whole.
To be a bit more specific:
- Working in Adobe Photoshop to create the look and feel of a website.
- Learning how to turn mockups into real HTML and CSS.
- Using HTML5 technology to enhance semantics and usability.
- Using CSS3 technology for great lightweight visual effects.
- Using jQuery to add interactivity and solve complex problems.
- Using WordPress as a blog as well as a robust CMS.
- Working with the best CSS preprocessor: Sass & Compass
- Using a slew of software and tools to make developing faster and easier.
- Critical thinking through design problems.
- Exactly how this site makes money through advertising and how it’s integrated.
- And that only scratches the surface! There is way more in this course than can be explained in a few bullet points.
How about a graphic to sum that all up:
What do I get as a member?
As a member of any level, you’ll get full anytime access to the entire library of videos. This is OVER 225 VIDEOS or NEARLY 70 HOURS of web design and development action. Videos are broken up into bits typically 10-15 minutes long. That makes it easy for you to jump around if you please to watch just the parts you may be most interested in. Videos are also accompanied by articles which explain what the video is about and typically provide code samples, links, and further explanation.
If you go for the Bear level, in addition to full access to the videos, you’ll also get all the original code written in the video, Photoshop files, and other source material.