Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS z-index contained in parent div

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    marksberry

Hello. I am a complete CSS newbie and I am coding my first site using only CSS and no tables.

I am developing the following page http://www.marksberry.net/aie/security.html and I am having trouble finding anything on how to have the z-index div tag "push" down the content (black color in the body content area) as the z-index div tag’s content grows. From what I understand, I believe that when you z-index a div it takes it out of the normal flow of the page and I think that is why it is doing this. I figure I can set a minimum height for the body content div to contain the z-index div, but I would like to know if there is a better solution.

I would have had the image on the page as a background image, but I plan on having rotating images for each section using jquery so I used a z-index div to appear on top of the image. Not sure if this is the best solution either

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am starting to understand this CSS stuff but I am stuck on this one.

Thanks in advance! – ajm

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.