Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

WP NextGEN Gallery – is this possible?

• # February 1, 2011 at 5:30 pm

I’ve got a question for a friend of mine who I’m setting up a little wordpress site for their artwork portfolio. The problem is that she wants to have certain paintings show “sold” under the thumbnail image.

This is beginning to be a problem because some of the painting titles can get quite long. One of the short code examples allows you to use “template=caption”, which shows the image Description under the image thumbnail.

One solution I thought of is if perhaps we can have the tags show up under the thumbnail instead of the description. Then I could have the description show up and create a tag of SOLD. Does that sound viable? Is there some easy solution I could be missing?

Thanks in advance!

# February 2, 2011 at 12:52 am

Just FYI in case anyone needed to do the same, here’s what I did to make it work:

Install the NextGEN custom fields plugin to accompany the gallery, and I created a new custom field called “SOLD” that now shows up on the backend under your gallery images.

Based on a few resources I created a custom entry in the plugins/nextgen/views/gallery.php file that look like this:

< ?php echo $image->ngg_custom_fields[“Your Field Name Here”]; ?>

Right under the thumbnail. I ended up making a div that sits on the bottom left of the image, otherwise itwas messing up the float.

All said and done it looked like this:

So now it displays on the bottom left of the image if you put Sold in that custom field on your gallery.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".