Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

WordPress Theme Feedback

• # November 22, 2011 at 4:06 pm

I just went back and read additional reviews for something I posted a while back … I got some pretty harsh feedback … so I’m almost afraid to even post this but here goes nothing.

New WordPress Theme

If you have criticisms of my coding or design could you please be nice about it? I don’t think I’ve ever been mean to any CT users when I’ve offered feedback of my own. I HAVE FEELINGS! ;)

# November 22, 2011 at 4:19 pm

I actually think it’s fantastic. It is a real nice minimal design…I am however having issues with the logo…it seems off a little…I’d personally like to see some slightly rounded edges on the boxes possibly a border-radius of 5px to soften it up a bit…and the top shadows maybe tone down about 50%?

Other wise good stuff! If people are being rude they really need to grow up this isn’t 4chan. After all, it’s supposed to be a place for people to develop skills, not self-confidence issues…

# November 22, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Thanks @kgscott284 – I’ll consider the rounded corners, see what it looks like with and without. As for the logo, I really wanted to find a font that matched the brush like effect of the logo but wasn’t able to find anything satisfactory in the Google Fonts directory … much to my chagrin. Thought about replacing it with a graphic, but I’m afraid that might upset the SEO aspect of the site. What do you think?

# November 22, 2011 at 4:39 pm

I highly suggest installing the All-in-one seo pack and you won’t have to worry to much at all as long as you fill out the necessary items..but if you are still worried..use an image as the background image so the crawlers read the text…

notes: Don;t forget alt tags on your images for seo. if you install the all-in-one seo pack, make sure you have < ?php wp_head(); ?> immediately above the closing head tag and < ?php wp_footer(); ?> in your footer section so the plugin can hook properly.

# November 27, 2011 at 6:25 pm

thanks!

# November 28, 2011 at 12:17 am

I would spend just a tiny bit of time styling your inputs on the comments. Everything else seems to have detail applied to it except this.

http://cl.ly/0y0F2W34330i3f3h0433 – yours
    http://cl.ly/3F3f11122Z2l0d1K0K3E – a quick style with firebug.

Just my thoughts.

# November 28, 2011 at 12:47 am

Why isn’t the logo in the footer on the main page?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".