Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WordPress Plugin Question: Easy FancyBox & Contact Form 7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mintertweed
    Participant

I really want to use these two plugins together to make an awesome pop-up contact form, but I am having some issues. I followed this tutorial. Everything works fine until the last few steps. The author uses the term “new page” several times and I am having difficulty figuring out if he/she means an actual new page or the page I just created. So, after looking at the images along with the tutorial, I decided that you make one page with the Contact Form 7 shortcode and then you place the rest of the HTML given in the tutorial on the page that you want the pop-up to appear on. Do I have that right? If so, then I am still getting an error: [contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]. So, I then brought the Contact Form 7 code onto my contact page and now the form is appearing directly on the page without the pop-up. Not what I wanted. I hope this all makes sense. I would appreciate anyone who could help me out with this. Thank you!

Edit: Also, here is my website, so you can see what is happening. Thanks again!

mlangley

>Could there be something wrong with my jQuery?

Yes, it’s an old version of jQuery – 1.4.4, in the example JoshWhite gave he’s running 1.8.3. That is most likely the issue.

Senff
    Participant

Maybe the name of the form was changed from “Contact form 1” to something else? The message you’re getting is a standard Contact Form 7 error that appears when the “name” value is incorrect.

What do you see when you put that particular shortcode in the contents of a (test) post (and not in a popup)? Same error?

Senff
    Participant

Right — the tutorial might have been old enough to use an older version of CF-7, which would explain the differences.

However, in one of your posts above you pasted the shortcode you said you used on the Contact page (that doesnt open in a popup), so it was easy for us to assume you used the same (correct) code for the popup.

Anyway, glad it’s solved.

Jason73

Thank you for this information! I was having the same problem and following the same tutorial.

slabadie
    Participant

I am using the Fancybox plugin and it functions just fine. My only issue is that my homepage slider stopped working. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this problem. http://legalchoicesllc.com/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.